All exams in the online Microbiology & Cell Science program are proctored to maintain the academic integrity of the department, the university, and the degree you are earning. The University of Florida has chosen ProctorU as the proctoring service for this program. You will take all of your exams online, anywhere with internet access. Your professors will establish the exam time and any requirements, and the following checklist can help you prepare to use this service.
Students are responsible for meeting the following technical requirements:
- A reliable computer running Windows XP (or higher) or Mac OS X 10 (or higher).
- A web cam with 640×480 video pixel resolution or higher.
- Headphones or working speakers connected to the computer.
- A working microphone connected to the computer. We recommend a web cam that has a built in
- A web browser with Adobe Flash Player installed. We recommend Flash Player 11.
- A reliable, high‐speed internet connection.
- The ability to allow video and screen‐sharing connections to the computer you will be using to take your
You may can test your computer, web cam, and internet connection at www.ProctorU.com/Testitout.
Your proctoring fee is pre-paid, and there are no additional costs to students for using this service. You will be provided detailed information for using the service from your adviser and professors.