If you are interested in applying to the Microbiology & Cell Sciences Bachelor of Science degree, please follow the instructions for the Microbiology Transfer Student Application. If you are a non-degree seeking student or pre-health student looking to fulfill requirements for graduate school, please follow the instructions for the Microbiology Non-Degree Seeking Student Application.
All online students are charged the in-state tuition rate.
Microbiology Transfer Student Application
Application to the online Microbiology & Cell Science bachelor's degree is a two-step process:
1. Fill out the online Microbiology & Cell Science Department Form by clicking 'Apply' in the tab above.
If you are unclear about any part of the application process or have a question, please either ask a question using our contact form or contact:
University of Florida
☎ 352-729-3482 | ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Apply directly to the University of Florida. Click here to access the online undergraduate application: http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/start.html
- Only online applications are accepted.
- Create a new user account and choose a username and password
- Follow the online instructions
- You are applying to the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
- In the section labeled “Type of Application,” you should choose the Transfer option that meets your background.
Microbiology Non-Degree Seeking Student Application
If you are interested in any of our classes, but you aren’t in need of a full degree, you can register for classes after filling out the non-degree application. If you are interested in our professional school prerequisite courses such as Basic Biology of Microorganisms (MCB 3020) or Nursing Genetics and Genomics (MCB 4934), the non-degree application is appropriate for you.
Click here for a helpful tutorial to complete the non-degree application: http://microbiology.ifas.ufl.edu/registrationtutorial.pdf
If you need any help, please contact the program adviser, Jonathan Orsini.
Post Baccalaureate Application
Students who have already obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher, and want to apply for the online BS in Microbiology program MUST use this form. This is a paper form that must be mailed to the Admissions office, so send it return receipt requested to have verification of your receipt.
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in applying to University of Florida's Microbiology & Cell Science Online Bachelor's Degree Program.Contact us if you have any questions about the application process.