Transfer Student Admission Criteria
The Microbiology and Cell Science program is a “2 + 2” program; you may apply to the University of Florida as a transfer student for your junior/senior year if you:
- Earn an associate of arts degree with a minimum 2.0 GPA (as calculated by UF) or 60 transferable hours for students transferring from private institutions, four-year institutions or institutions outside of Florida. Vocational coursework is not accepted. An applicant lacking some prerequisites may be permitted to enroll and to complete these courses if all other requirements for admission are met and if recommended by the college; however, any 1000- to 2000-level courses taken to fulfill admission requirements will not reduce the number of credits required for a degree.
- Follow an approved general education program of at least 36 semester hours.
- Complete two years of sequential high school foreign language courses or 8-10 hours of sequential college-level foreign language courses (or documentation of an equivalent level of proficiency).
- A transcript from each institution attended, regardless of length of attendance or credit earned. Additional transcripts are required as soon as they are available for any work completed after applying to UF.
- A minimum C average, as computed by the university. Any student who has failed to maintain a 2.0 GPA at another institution after completing the AA degree is not eligible for admission.
- Regardless of the average earned, courses completed at other institutions must parallel the curriculum at UF.
THE FOLLOWING PREREQUISITE COURSES OR THEIR EQUIVALENTS MUST BE COMPLETED OR IN PROGRESS BEFORE ADMISSION TO THE PROGRAM WILL BE APPROVED:
A GPA of at least 2.5 is required when averaging all attempts at these courses.
|UF Course Number||State College Course Equivalent||Course Description|
|MAC 2311||MAC 2311||Calculus with Analytical Geometry|
|CHM 2045||CHM 2045
|General Chemistry 1|
|CHM 2045L||CHM 2045 L
CHM 1045 L
CHM 1040 L
CHM 1041 L
|General Chemistry 1 Lab|
|CHM 2046||CHM 2046
|General Chemistry 2|
|CHM 2046L||CHM 2046 L
CHM 1046 L
|General Chemistry 2 Lab|
|BSC 2010||BSC 2010
|Integrated Principles Of Biology 1|
|BSC 2010 L||BSC 2010 L
BSC 1010 L
|Integrated Principles of Biology 1 Lab|
|BSC 2011||BSC 2011
|Integrated Principles Of Biology 2|
|BSC 2011L||BSC 2011 L
BSC 1011 L
|Integrated Principles of Biology 2 Lab|
It is strongly recommended that students take Organic Chemistry 1 and 2 with labs (CHM 2210, CHM 2211, and CHM 2211L) prior to beginning the 2+2 transfer program, but it is possible to take these classes as a transient student at any accredited institution of higher education after acceptance in the University of Florida.
Please note, this admission advice is based on the University of Florida transfer guidelines, but please refer to admissions.ufl.edu for any concerns or transfer credit evaluation policies.
If you have any additional questions on program requirements, please click here to contact us.